I choose to write about chapter 41. This chapter tell the reader when it is OK to write out numbers instead of just typing them. The general rule is that if you can put the number into words and use less than three, you can type out the words. If the number you are using needs to have more than two words use figures. Here is and example 192 would be written out as 192, the figure three would be three. Also if the figure is to be used in the beginning of the sentence it should be written out. Generally figures should be used on dates, addresses, percentages, fractions, decimals, scores, statistics, exact amounts of money, divisions of books and plays, pages, id tags and time.
I will use this chapter when I write numbers in written form. I had no idea that there were so many different rules about numbers. I write them down in figure form all the time, and I had no clue that it was wrong.
No comments:
Post a Comment