In chapter two we learn about how to continue working on our rough draft. It talks about some of the problems that writers may have, like writers block, or just getting started. When you write you need to think about who the audience is and how are you delivering the information, are you being to informative, too many facts or are you being to vague? The thesis, is it in the beginning of the first paragraph or towards the end? Where is the "hook", the sentence or sentences that draw the reader in and makes them want to continue reading. Next you have to draft the body of the paper . The body has to support the thesis and give examples or facts that will back up what you are trying convey. All of your supporting points are in the body. the next part of your paper is the conclusion. This is where you "remind" the reader of the thesis without repeating it in the same word. Your conclusion should leave the reader felling what you wanted, meaning that the reader left the reading seeing your point of view.
I am going to use this for sure. Before reading this I just put all of my ideas down as I was writing the paper, not before. I think that this will help me to get my point across on the first essay. The thesis might not have been as apparent to the reader as it is to me. The part about how to decide if the points are to much information or not enough, had never occurred to me before. I just assumed that the reader would understand. This chapter has a lot of information for how short it is.
No comments:
Post a Comment