Thursday, September 23, 2010

Chapter Three

In chapter three we learn how to make global revesions.  The order that your rough draft paragraphs are  in can be changed to make it easrier for the reader to follow.  Or you may stretch or condense paragraphs to get better get your point across.  This chapter has a great check list that can help you in your revision.  Purpose and audience: whats the purpose of the essay? who is the audience
Focus;  does it make sense, clear or are you on point
Organization and paragrapghing; Is there order  spread out or too condensed?
Content:  do you have supporting information for your ideas?
Point of view: Is the essay written from you he or they or it and is it relative?
The chapter tells you about being clear and to the point and to proofread and spellcheck as you revise your rough draft.  The more time you take to revise your essay the easier it will be for the reader to understand what you have written 
The checklist in this chapter will help me on the next essay. I will work on my point of view statements more.  The other is how to be more objective in my sentence structure and have more supportive content to back up my thesis.  The ideas of not having to rewrite the whole essay is also nice.  I  see how I could of  changed some of my first essay as well.  I found some of my weak points while reading this chapter and I plan on working on them.

No comments:

Post a Comment