Sunday, September 5, 2010

Chapter one

Chapter one talks about the process of writing.. It tells you about the purpose of writing, the thesis how to make an outline and who the audience is.  First it talks to you about generating a planned assessment of the  the writing situation. Then you have to find the purpose of the writing, inform persuade etc.. The next step is the audience, who are they what ethnic, or age group?  Or are they business or academic?  The next part of chapter one talks about  how long the essay should be, is it defined how long it should be?  Then it moves on to talk about freewriting and brainstorming and using formal outlines.  Annotating text as you read them will help to remember what you have read. 
This chapter will definitely help me to have  an outline to go by.  I cant remember the last time I wrote an essay so this will all help me. I like the thought of thinking about what the audience is thinking and the purpose of writing is for. The freewrites we have been using will help and I believe that the use of a formal outline will help, (breaking everything down into categories and subcategories) will help to keep me on task
Benjamin

No comments:

Post a Comment