Sunday, August 15, 2010

Benjamin

          My name is Benjamin Dillingham.  I decided to go back to school after a 20 year break.  The last time I was in school paraachute pants were cool.  Now my priorities have changed, and I want to grow mentally.  I have an understanding wife and a nine and half year old daughter who are my suppoort team.  I work in construction in Marin County for an underground company. My goal is to receive a degree in enviro science with some concentraion in construction management.  I consider myself as a self starter, and can't stand waiting for the last minute.  I hope that I can bring that same mentality to my school work.  I am very excited to begin with class work, and to learn (relearn) study habits.

7 comments:

  1. Hello Benjamin,

    Congrats on being able to go back to school after 20 yrs. This is my first year of college I am very excited. My Boyfriend and kids are my inspiration also. I want my kids to go to college and its not fair of me to make them go if I never did. I hope all works out for you. Mattie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Benjamin,

    Welcome to our class and welcome back! I took some time off from school before going back for my degree in education. I think it made me a better student. If you don't like procrastinating, then you've already learned one of the most important study habits.

    Take care,
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Benjamin:

    It is so wonderful that you have decided to go back to school. I to am in the same boat, took a break from school for 33 years. I am very motivated and excited about a degree in business.
    Your family must be very proud of you. Good luck in this class. Barb

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Benjamin I dont know if I could come back to school after 20 years. I am just now 21 years old and I am struggling to make it through right now. I guess that is motivation for me in the future. I commend you and wish you luck. Also you work in areas that I am good at, working with my hands. I would love to have a job in construction right now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Benjamin,
    Let me tell you, I truly admire your courage. My dad never really had a chance to go to college. He is now 46 and thinks that school is not for him any more. It makes me feel sad sometimes to know that a brilliant mind like his never got a chance to shine. He would've made a great engeneer. I wish you the best.

    Estela

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Benjamin,
    I think that was a very smart move to start college again. I think never is late to learn and go forward. I finished my high school in 1995 and have a BA degree but ever since I am taking classes at college, it would keep you up to date and motivated. you feel you are young.
    You are very fortunate to have and understanding family to support you, it is way easier when you are younger to go to school without headaches of our lives though but good to be motivated for a better life.
    Good luck

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi
    Congratulations on taking such an important step by going back to school. What is an underground construction co.?

    ReplyDelete